Organic Burger With Beer Caramelized Onions
We all know the feeling. It’s finally weekend and there are only two things on your mind: beer and burgers. We combined the two into one recipe. Beer and burgers? I know we had you at beer.
First we make the parsnip fries:
- Peel the parsnip and cut it into fry-like strips.
- Place the cut parsnip in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil, chili flakes, paprika powder, salt and pepper.
- Gently toss with your hands or two spatulas to evenly coat the fries.
- Evenly spread the fries on a baking tray covered in grease proof paper.
- Bake them for 30 to 40 minutes. Make sure to flip the fries halfway through the baking process.
For the caramelized onions:
- Cut the onion into half rings and put them in a small saucepan.
- Add the butter and the beer and put the saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until all the beer has evaporated. Make sure to stir frequently.
Finally, the burgers:
- Fry your burgers in a frying pan over medium heat – approximately 3 minutes on each side.
- Make sure to let them rest for 2 minutes before you serve them. They will taste even better!
- Halve your buns and lightly toast them in the same frying pan.
To assemble the burgers, spread some mayonnaise and ketchup on the buns, place each burger on a bun and top it off with your caramelized onions and some blue cheese. Finally, add your parsnip fries on the side. So simple, yet so mind-blowingly good.
Burgers (and more) from The Frozen Butcher:
- 2 Frozen Butcher organic burgers
- 50 grams blue cheese
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of tomato ketchup
For the beer caramelized onions:
- 2 large onions
- 230 ml beer
- 1 tablespoon of butter
And for the parsnip fries:
- 1 parsnip
- ½ teaspoon of chili flakes
- ¼ teaspoon of paprika powder
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper