Phenomenal Fusion Chicken Burger
When we cook, we are never bound by borders. You know we love a good fusion. This time we went for a classic combination that can never go wrong: chicken with peanut sauce. A little bit of our own roots with our delicious Dutch Chicken Burger combined with a trusty Indonesian favorite. We love it, and we know you will too.
First, the peanut sauce:
- Finely chop the garlic and ginger. Don’t forget to peel your ginger first.
- Put the peanut butter, soy sauce, coconut milk, lime juice, garlic, ginger, brown sugar and crushed red pepper flakes into a saucepan.
- Stir it all together over medium heat until it is well mixed and hot enough.
- Add extra coconut milk if the sauce is too thick.
- Cut the bun and slice the cucumber
And for the burger:
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan.
- Bake your chicken burger on each side for 3 minutes. Let the burger sit for 2 minutes before you eat it. It will taste even better!
- Toast the bun for 1 to 2 minutes cut side down.
Now all we have to do before we can bite into this burger is put it together. Pile your burger, peanut sauce, cucumber and alfalfa sprouts onto the bun. Add some peanuts and put the top bun on top. Yep, it’s that easy. Enjoy!
Burgers (and more) from The Frozen Butcher:
- 2 Frozen Butcher chicken burgers
- 2 hamburger buns
- 25 grams of alfalfa sprouts
- 1 tablespoon of peanuts
- Sliced cucumber
- Olive oil
And for the peanut sauce:
- 1 clove garlic
- 2,5 cm piece of ginger
- 150 grams of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 150 ml of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste