Wintery Wagyu Burger
A special burger calls for a special recipe. So what do you pair the most exclusive beef burger in the world with? Easy. With a delicious cranberry sauce and a Brussels sprout slaw. Simple, but boy it’s good.
We start off with the slaw:
- Thinly slice your Brussels sprouts and break them apart with your hands.
- Add the lemon juice and mayonnaise and mix it all together.
- Cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to build your burger.
Now for the cranberry sauce:
- Put the cranberries in a saucepan. Add sugar, a splash of water, the jam and some lemon juice. Mix it all together.
- Put the saucepan on medium-high heat until the cranberries burst. This takes about 7 minutes. Don’t forget to stir it with a wooden spoon.
- Turn the heat up to medium heat and continue to stir with a wooden spoon, bursting the cranberries that haven’t naturally done so already. Cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat once your sauce has thickened into a jam-like consistency.
And finally, the burgers:
- Heat a grill, and grill the burgers for 3 minutes on each side.
- Take the burgers from the grill and let them rest for a while.
- Toast the buns on the inside for 1 to 2 minutes.
Now it’s time to start building up your burger. Place the burger on top of the bun, add some goat cheese and cranberry sauce and add the slaw to the side. Now it’s finally time to bite into your delicious, wintery burger.
Burgers (and more) from The Frozen Butcher:
- 4 Frozen Butcher wagyu burgers
- 4 hamburger buns
- 100 gram of soft goat cheese
For the slaw:
- 10 Brussels sprouts, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
And for the cranberry sauce:
- 200 grams (fresh or frozen) cranberries
- 2 tablespoons apricot or pineapple jam
- 3 teaspoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons of water