The most tropical Rib-eye ever
Last week we found ourselves dreaming of summer, heat and tropical islands. It inspired us to come up with this steaming hot recipe. We added some pineapple and a tropical sauce to our Rib-eye steaks. Unusual, but damn tasty. Try it for yourself!
We start off by making the sauce:
- Remove the skin from the ginger and finely chop it. Do the same with your onion.
- Cut two slices from the middle of a pineapple and remove the skin.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of water with the corn starch until there are no more lumps.
- Add your chopped onions into a saucepan. Add sesame oil, soy sauce, chopped ginger, parsley and the corn starch mixture.
- Bring the mixture to a boil until it thickens. Make sure you stir continuously.
Now for the steaks:
- Blot the steaks dry.
- Place them in a hot frying pan and add some butter.
- Grill the steaks on each side for approximately 3 minutes. Let them rest for 2 minutes after they are done baking – they will taste even better!
- In the same pan, grill your pineapple slices for 2 minutes on both sides.
Time to plate it all up! Put your steak on a plate and add the pineapple slice on top. Add your sauce and garnish it with some parsley leaves. There you have it; a delicious tropical twist on one of the best Ribeye steaks.
Steaks (and more) from The Frozen Butcher:
- 2 Frozen Butcher Rib-eye steaks
- A 2,5cm piece of ginger
- ⅓ cup chopped white onion
- 2 pineapple slices
- 3 strings of fresh parsley
- 10 grams of corn starch
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- salt and pepper