We love crossing borders and combining the best of two worlds. Italy is known for amazing gorgonzola, parmesan cheese and top-notch olive oil. Uruguay knows how to raise tasty beef. So we threw all these ingredients together and came up with a juicy spin on a trusty Italian favorite: carpaccio.
Do you want to impress your guests with a perfect carpaccio? Or do you simply want to treat yourself? This beauty melts in your mouth and will leave you craving for more. Prego!
First we make the slaw:
- Slice the chicory.
- Finely chop the walnuts and the gorgonzola cheese.
- Add the chicory, walnuts and gorgonzola to a bowl.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil and truffle mayonnaise and mix it all together.
Now for the carpaccio:
- Lay out the carpaccio on a plate. Add a spoonful of the slaw in the middle of each piece of carpaccio and wrap it up.
Lay the carpaccio on a platter. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top and garnish it with some truffle mayonnaise and a couple of leaves of parsley. Finally, grate some parmesan cheese over the top. So easy, yet so tasty!
- 80 grams of Frozen Butcher carpaccio
- 2 pieces of chicory
- 5 fresh walnuts, peeled
- 160 grams of gorgonzola cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Truffle mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste